Monday, August 8, 2016

"I CANNOT CONTROL"

This gentleman is Tariq Noman and he rented a apartment to my son. 


Yesterday my cousin Gladys came to visit me with my Uncle Ben.  She was kind enough to help my son Moses to retrieve some of his belongings from old apartment.  Not only did my son call the police from the 15th district but…I called. 

We waited patiently for a worker of the apartment to open the door for us.  I thought to myself we are going to get some of his things and go about our business but….NO!!!  one of the other tenants arrived and all hell broke loose, he wanted to fight Moses my son…I am in the middle of both these men and the only way for the police to arrive was that, I was screaming at the top of my lungs in the phone with the dispatcher…I begged this young man to please let us just get his things now keep in mind he is not the owner but…he was blocking the exit!!

The police finally did arrive and they made the tenant go inside his apartment…God help me I tried to talk to the landlord over the phone and I shared with him the incident that took place, his exact words to me was “I CANNOT CONTROL MY TENANT.”  It is obvious to me, the landlord wants my son to get hurt….

I am a protector of survivors and all my fears, of the past came rushing back because I could not even protect myself…What do you when the landlord will not work with the situation?!!!

Be bless and be safe,

Rosaura Torres – Author

“Abuse Hidden Behind The Badge”

No comments:

Post a Comment