Sunday, June 21, 2015

FORGIVING YOURSELF - SURVIVORS OF DV AND OIDV

Today is Father's Day and as I remember my father and the love I received will always continue to live with me.
I met a beautiful young women Rosalie, on Friday and she asked me “when do you forgive your abuser?”  It is not about forgiving them, it’s about forgiving yourself. 
Victims and Survivors of Domestic Violence and Police Officer Involved Domestic Violence, have and continue to blame, shame and guilt themselves for being beaten by a love in their life.  We may never be able to fix or correct the damage that has caused us but…I and Clara Colon and many more will continue to stand strong and speak out.
So I ask our Great Spirit, our God to hear my prayer.
Please dear father in heaven please forgive me for speaking out but...I know in my heart I am not nor, will I ever feel completely, trustworthy of the men who caused me permitted damage to my vision.
My children will be visiting my past abuser, the memory of my abuse has not and will not be erased. So to Keith R. Sadler and Anthony E. Suber because of your abuse and never being held accountable for the damage you caused me, OUR GOD has given me a voice to help others. The abuse you caused will continue to live on through the years. To my children, my love will always be with you.
To all the great fathers.
Rosaura Torres – Author

No comments:

Post a Comment