Friday, July 8, 2016

"IS IT TOO LATE"

When I decided to write my story of abuse by a Philadelphia high ranking police officer and the Pennsylvania State trooper I knew the risk that I was taking and I knew how many were going to attack me calling me a scorned ex-wife and other pleasant words.
 
For the past six years I have been trying with every ounce of my being to speak to so many about police officer involved in domestic and I have sat back and watched so much injustice through my own personal experience through the courts of Lancaster from seeing my young African-American brothers being murdered, until this very day there is still no justice.


I am not a killer I am not a terrorist I am a SURVIVOR what happened in Dallas should not have happened but we must not forget how millions of Americans witness the murder of two young African American men.  I have and many others have been speaking about the code of silence the blue wall the good old boys network it has been difficult for so many to receive justice, accountability.

Clara Colón, Sherrine, Jen, Jill….. So many survivors have written letters, emails, called, begged, cried, and pleaded yet nothing.   

When I last reached out to Commissioner Ross, I made it very clear to him that we do not want special treatment we just want equal justice. I know that each and every one of us DESERVE EQUAL JUSTICE, NO SPECIAL TREATMENT. 
I am a bit angry how so many of us have been ignored.  

If you were willing to sit with us and listen to us maybe just maybe things could be a lot better but I am not the lawmaker, I am not Congress and I am not a police officer. I am a survivor with the voice.

My prayers are with our country, allow the Great Spirit to give us strength.

Be bless and be safe my BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Rosaura Torres – Author


“Abuse Hidden Behind The Badge”

No comments:

Post a Comment