Thursday, February 8, 2018

"I KNEW I WAS GOING TO LOSE MY CASE"



For the last few day’s CNN and other news media have been discussing the cover up in regards to Rob Porter and how he abused his first and second wife.  The horrible truth about domestic violence or any abuse, many who are in power continue to protect the abuser instead of helping the survivor.

It will be eight years in June when I decided to release my book and I knew the risk I would be taking and how many would attack me.  During many of my interviews on radio, television, I even did a play but my voice did go on deaf ears.
 
At the time my book was released I was in a legal battle against the retired State Trooper Anthony Suber for the abuse I suffered by his hands, I confided in this horrible man!  My ex-husband Keith R. Sadler caused me my first retinal detachment.  

This horrible ex trooper caused me my second retinal detachment.
I knew with every part of my soul I was not going to win this case, you see Diane Wetendorf Advocate Against Domestic Violence, was quite honest and said “You will lose, they never go against any police.”  As I sat in the court room with so much sorrow but I remember Diane’s words and she was right.
 
When the jury did not find the trooper liable for my injuries I have lost all faith in the justice system.  My attorney Robert Vance tried to appeal my case, he texted me and said the judge had sabotage my case. 

I recall a city council woman telling me why Keith never became Police Commissioner for Philadelphia Police Department, many knew of the abuse I had suffered by his hands.
 
When the time is right I will reveal the names of those who approached me and said they knew.

To all my strong survivors, be safe all of you, we still have a difficult road ahead.

Rosaura Torres Thomas – Author

“Abuse Hidden Behind The Badge”




No comments:

Post a Comment